Thursday, November 24, 2011

12 weeks & a Happy Thanksgivin' to ya!


The past 12 weeks have been a lot more tame than horror stories I've heard have been, thankfully. Minimal morning sickness, lots of sleeping. As I mentioned before, I've pretty much been in hibernation the entire time. With the first trimester coming to an end (already!?.. oh yeah, I slept through it) I've started getting some headaches and being a little light headed, but that just means my body is working extra hard for my little plum.. just like it should be. I can't wait for my next doctors appointment. Hearing that little heartbeat is the best part of the month. A close second is waking up every morning, and examining my growing belly. Keep growing little plum. There are so many people who are anxious to meet you!


10 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats! you look great! How fun :D I was blessed with a minimal side effects pregnancy (well, aside from getting fat, ha!) but I had the headache thing too. My dr. told me to have a little bit of pop....I had no idea I was even addicted! lol. Pregnancy is so bizarre but so fun. Just wait til there's rolling and kicking and hiccups in there!

Veronica said...

Gurl, you are hecka pregnant!! BUT SO CUTE! I love you! Happy Thanksgiving!! Cute outfit, boots, and stockings! Are those thigh tattoos? What do they say?

♡Shayla♡ said...

Thanks Heather! I tried to have a little pop last night, ummm... baby doesn't seem to like pop very much, I discovered. I can't wait for the hiccups and kicking to start!

♡Shayla♡ said...

Vee- thanks so much lady. <3 you're the sweetest. skype real soon.

Stéphanie said...

Oh Dear !!! I adore your blog ! Thank you for your lovely comment !

♡Shayla♡ said...

Stephanie- Thank you so much, you're a peach! <3 <3

dear olive said...

Hello, I've just found your blog - big congratulations on that gorgeous bump up there! So much love coming your way lady. Kellie xx

tea with lucy said...

gorgeous!!

people love to tell horror stories about pregnancy, birth and babies. best to ignore it all and focus on how beautiful it is !!

Rachel xoxo

Meghan said...

Your bump is so cute. I'm in my second trimester too, but my bump is a little mishapen, I've come to like it for its uniqueness though.

I also love that you call your baby little plum. My husband, for some inexplicable reason, started calling our baby Magma and it's just stuck. Plum is cuter and more baby-ish.

♡Shayla♡ said...

Meghan- I wish I could find your blog! next time you comment (if you do so) leave your address. you sound like a fun lady!

awe.. haha. Magma is such a boy thing to call a baby bump. that's hilarious! We only called baby plum for that week. the fruit changes with the size of the baby... I believe this week it's a naval orange? not quite as sweet, or baby-esque.. haha. <3

Post a Comment